Looking for a new place to settle?
We may as well admit it—we’re not exactly objective about our towns. Of course, we believe they’re among the best-kept secret, choice communities in the metro area, but we’re always eager to share our hometowns with expectant newcomers! South Orange and Maplewood have so much to offer….
- Coffee houses, diners, ethnic restaurants, pubs, and fine gourmet dining offer everything from morning coffee and bagels to late night cafe latte.
- Town recreation departments offer after-school, vacation, academic and sports programs for pre-school and school-age children.
- Beautiful parks and the South Mountain Reservation
- Community pools, public and private tennis courts, basketball, bocce and paddle tennis courts, and a private golf course.
- Art galleries, an Artist’s Network, and performance spaces.
- Movie Theaters
- SOPAC, a performing arts center
- Seton Hall University
- Three libraries in the two towns—plus a borrowing agreement with universities and other libraries—meet all of your reading and research needs.
- Choice of gourmet grocers, supermarkets, specialty food stores, and prepared foods.
- In the summer, two Farmer’s Markets offer the best in NJ Fresh produce and flowers.
- Town shops answer your needs: antiques, book stores, sophisticated gifts, pet stores, clothing, art supplies, bakeries, office and school supplies, toys, hair salons, flowers, eye glasses, pharmacies, hobbies, and more.
- Additional fine shopping at choice of Short Hills and Livingston Malls – just minutes away.
- Nearly 30 neighborhood associations preserve “over the back fence” neighborliness and community.
- Four university-affiliated medical facilities within fifteen minutes.