Looking for a new place to settle?
We may as well admit it—we’re not exactly objective about our towns. Of course, we believe they’re among the best-kept secret, choice communities in the metro area, but we’re always eager to share our hometowns with expectant newcomers! South Orange and Maplewood have so much to offer….
- • Coffee houses, diners, ethnic restaurants, pubs, and fine gourmet dining offer everything from morning coffee and bagels to late night cafe latte.
• Town recreation departments offer after-school, vacation, academic and sports programs for pre-school and school-age children.
• Community pools, public and private tennis courts, basketball, bocce and paddle tennis courts, and a private golf course.
• Art galleries, an Artist’s Network, and performance spaces.
• Movie Theaters
• Three libraries in the two towns—plus a borrowing agreement with universities and other libraries—meet all of your reading and research needs.
• Choice of gourmet grocers, supermarkets, specialty food stores, and prepared foods.
• In the summer, two Farmer’s Markets offer the best in NJ Fresh produce and flowers.
• Town shops answer your needs: antiques, book stores, sophisticated gifts, pet stores, clothing, art supplies, bakeries, video rentals, office and school supplies, toys, hair salons, flowers, eye glasses, pharmacies, hobbies, and more.
• Additional fine shopping at choice of Short Hills and Livingston Malls – just minutes away.
• Nearly 30 neighborhood associations preserve “over the back fence” neighborliness and community.
• Four university-affiliated medical facilities within fifteen minutes.