Office Administrator for the South Orange/Maplewood community Coalition on Race
The Community Coalition on Race is a progressive, grassroots community group committed to racial integration. It is run by a diverse part-time staff and board of trustees, and is supported by a large group of community volunteers. We have been providing Maplewood and South Orange with community marketing, problem-solving on race-related issues, and programs that bridge racial barriers for 20 years.
We are looking for a part-time (6-8 hours per week, onsite) Office Administrator who shares our passion for building a truly inclusive community. Successful candidates will be QuickBooks and Excel knowledgeable, proficient in the entire MS Office suite, highly organized and flexible, and have strong administrative skills. Familiarity with any CRM or donor database (like GiftWorks or Salesforce) is a plus. The job responsibilities are outlined below.
Bookkeeping using QuickBooks
- Prepare monthly financial statements
- Prepare bank reconciliations in QuickBooks for all accounts.
- Work closely with accountant to prepare materials for 1099s, 990 and annual audit.
- Transfer payments received through PayPal.
- File Annual Report with State of NJ
Donor Management in GiftWorks
- Record money received from Donors in GiftWorks and QuickBooks
- Maintain and update donor database in GiftWorks
- Send donation thank you letters through GiftWorks or mail
- Coordinate fundraising mailings with printer- merge letter, create spreadsheet for mailing labels. Deliver materials to printer and post office.
General Office Support
- Coordinate bulk and other mailings
- Make weekly deposits at bank
- Pick up mail at PO Box in Maplewood; replenish office postage
- Order supplies, photocopying, arrange for meeting locations, as needed
- Track office supply inventory and make orders
Start date: October 1, 2016
Interested candidates should submit a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.